Back to all Dark circles under the eyes Cases And
The Effects of Physical Exercise on Fatty Liver Disease
Here are nine indications that your liver might need attention:
- Persistent Fatigue: While the direct correlation remains unclear, individuals with liver issues often report feelings of exhaustion.
- Feeling Nauseous: The liver’s reduced efficiency in filtering toxins can lead to nausea as these toxins accumulate in the bloodstream.
- Unusual Stool Color: Dark-colored stools owe their hue to the bile salts produced by the liver. Pale or even black tarry stools might point to liver complications, with the latter requiring immediate medical intervention.
- Yellowing of Skin or Eyes (Jaundice): This signifies a bilirubin accumulation in the blood due to the liver’s compromised processing capability. This condition can also result in itchy skin.
- Appearance of Spider Naevi: These are tiny, spider-shaped arteries visible on the skin. While not uncommon in healthy women, an abundance, especially in men or on the upper body, could be a sign of liver strain.
- Frequent Bruising: A compromised liver can affect the production of clotting proteins, leading to easy bruising.
- Red Palms (Palmar Erythema): Cirrhosis of the liver can manifest as a reddish hue on the palms, seen in approximately one-fourth of patients.
- Dark-Colored Urine: A hue ranging from dark orange to brown might indicate high bilirubin levels due to the liver’s inability to process it efficiently.
- Abdominal Swelling (Ascites): Fluid accumulation in the abdomen, and even swelling in the legs and ankles, can be indicative of a struggling liver.
You might also enjoy
Back to all The Best Foods to Eat While Working
Back to all Healthy Relationships What is a healthy relationship?
Back to all How to shop for healthy food on
Back to all Travel Vaccinations: What to know before you