At Capstone medical Center Southbank our doctors are available to help with a range of women’s health issues
Capstone Medical Centre Southbank
Capstone Medical centre provides a wide range of services for women who are living in Southbank, Dockland, south Melbourne CBD Melbourne , and port Melbourne the services including (but not limited to):
- STIs are common and are screened for in both symptomatic and asymptomatic patients so that appropriate treatment can be provided to avoid any long-term consequences
- Advice on safe sexual practice
- Support will also be provided for informing exposed contacts
- Human Papilloma Virus is the most common cause of cervical cancer. Pap smears and HPV detection are used to screen for and prevent cervical cancer.
- Follow up and management of any abnormal results will also be provided
- Medication abortion is a safe, reliable, and non-surgical means of abortion
- Medical abortion is around 99 per cent effective at ending a pregnancy.
- Dr Benyamin Mansoori is a Certified Medical Abortion
- Both urine and blood testing to provide the most accurate results
- contraceptive injection : contraceptive injection is a hormone injection that prevents pregnancy for 12 – 14 weeks. If injection uses in the right time it is more than 99% effective
- Intrauterine System or Device (IUD) : Intrauterine device ( IUD ) is a small device that insert in your uterus. It could prevent pregnancy for 5 years.
There two different IUD in Australia :
– Copper IUD which lasts for 5-10 years
– IUD which realise Hormone last for 5 years
- Contraceptive Implant : Implanon is a small rod that is placed subcutaneous ( under skin) it realize progesterone slowly. Implanon provides contraception for 3 years it is 99.9 % effective
- There are many forms of contraception available, and your GP can help you decide which one will best suit your reproductive needs
- The oral contraceptive pill and long-acting reversible contraceptives
- Provided to monitor breast health and screen for early signs of breast cancer such as breast lumps or changes in appearance of the breast
- In conjunction with assistance with scheduling mammograms for those over 50
- After the cessation of menstruation (average age of 51) women can experience symptoms such as hot flushes, vaginal dryness, sleep disturbance and mood changes among others
- Hormonal and non-hormonal treatments are available to ease these symptoms
- Additionally, screening is provided for conditions which have increased risk post-menopause such as osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease
- Preventive activities prior to pregnancy aim to optimise women’s health and include smoking cessation, appropriate supplementation with folic acid and iodine, reviewing any medications and appropriate immunisation
- Antenatal care that aims to monitor pregnancy progress and foetal growth
- Genetic testing is available for inherited disease prior to or during pregnancy, along with appropriate genetic counselling
- Maintaining appropriate weight is important for all aspects of health
- Tailored support on diet and exercise is available to help achieve a healthy weight
Our Female Gp are specialist women’s health general practitioner (GP)
Our doctors are committed to helping women improve their health and wellbeing and to delivering the highest level of care.